It’s HALLOWEEN!!

In honor of Halloween, I decided to post my top 5 favorite zombie movies. I would love to post my costume, and stuff like that, but I don’t want to reveal it before the big moment. Zombie movies are some of my favorites, and if you haven’t seen any of the ones I’m about list, never admit it to anyone. You should be pretty embarrassed.

Zombieland – This movie is hysterical, and I don’t think it got nearly enough notice when it came out. Bill Murray cameos, and it is one of the funniest scenes of any movie in the past couple of years.

Planet Terror – This movie came out as a double feature with Death Proof, by Austin’s precious Quentin Tarantino. Planet Terror is ridiculous, over-the-top, and epic.

Dawn of the Dead – George A. Romero is the god father of zombie movies. I prefer the 2004 version that he wrote, rather than directed. This one is serious, how-the-hell-will-we-survive-this zombie mayhem. Corn syrup explosions abound!

28 Days Later – I love this one because the characters are really practical, and to encourages people to plan ahead for a zombie apocalypse. I think that’s an important lesson to learn.

Shaun of the Dead – This is not only, my very favorite zombie movie, this is one of my favorite movies ever. It is hilarious, clever, and makes me laugh every time I see it.

If watching all those movies made you paranoid, you can always check out the zombie survival guide. It will definitely cheer you up, if nothing else.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Advertisements

October 31, 2010. Tags: , , , . Movie Reviews.

8 Comments

1. writenowlife replied:

Love it! And zombies too. Just watched Shaun of the Dead a few hours ago. Hilarious fun. “There’s a girl in the garden.” I’m mixed on the DoftheD remake…wicked with the super fast zombie terror, but part of me likes the classic slow-moving folks.

• thatcleverchick replied:

I know what you mean about remakes, but the fact that George A Romero was so involved in the process makes it okay for me. I loved the way they utilized practical special effects, not just computer stuff.

2. Ashley Porter replied:

I have not only seen all of these movies but I also own them. They are awesome and great Zombie picks. 28 days later is a good zombie flick and of course you can’t really leave out Night Of The Living Dead, it did kinda start it all.

P.S, I have the Zombie Survival Guide, everyone should have it!

• thatcleverchick replied:

Why am I not surprised you agree? We need to have a zombie movie marathon!

3. zom tom replied:

We watched parts of Shawn of the dead this last Saturday. I was doing an outside project but was lured in for the last half of it. Very good flick.

• thatcleverchick replied:

I was pretty sure you’d like it. You’d probably like the other ones on the list too. Most of them have very B-movie qualities and/or humor.

4. Easy Pirate Party Decorations « My Attempts at Cleverness replied:

[…] made the pirate flag from contruction paper. The monkey is from the thrift store, and is wearing Flapjack’s Halloween costume hat. The spy glass is borrowed from a friend, but I believe it was acquired at a party […]

5. Easy Pirate Party Decorations « My Attempts at Cleverness | Party Decorations replied: