Just as I had published this post about my clumsiness, I had a frightening experience. I was in the kitchen preparing to make some eggs for Hubby and I. This is where it gets stupid. The gas burner was on, and I decided to spray some Pam cooking spray into the frying pan so the eggs wouldn’t stick. Guess what’s a terrible idea? Spraying aerosal fat through the air near an open flame.
A huge gout of flame flashed up in front of me, then vanished.
No one was injured, and nothing caught fire. I didn’t even lose an eyebrow, although it feels like I might have gotten a sunburn. I was really lucky I didn’t burn my face off, or the can of Pam didn’t explode and kill me. I was really freaked out, and Hubby came and gave me a hug. He’s so sweet. He did run off and hide as soon as I started cooking, though.
I’m really grateful I didn’t start the new year by melting my face off like an Indiana Jones Nazi. That would have been terrible. So learn from my mistakes, and keep anything with a spray nozzle away from the stove top. As a result of all this, Hubby has given me a new nickname: Scorch.